Thursday, October 26, 2017

Loulou 2.0

Hello,

I am back!! I am sorry it took me quite a while to post again but I had a lot to figure out lately. My life is changing and there are some decisions to make which is why I needed to take some time.

Like I already told you when I introduced myself, this summer I finally got my highschool degree. That means one chapter in my life just closed and I am working on the new one.
After getting that degree I had to make decisions like what do I want to do now? Which university should I go to? What exactly should I study and should I start this or next year?
I applied at some universities for a bachelor degree course, different ones but all about media since I want to become a journalist. But I did not get in.

I had to think about something else. Languages. Languages are great for journalism because you need to be able to express yourself in words and you do not only learn a language but also its history, you learn about the countries in which the language is spoken, you learn about culture and literature. It feels perfect for me. I chose to study English and Spanish with the opportunity to become a teacher. There is nothing wrong with a plan B...

To study a language you need a certificate to prove that you already speak the language to a certain level. The problem: I could not get the certificate for Spanish in time. So once again I had to make a decision. I could choose French instead of Spanish or I could wait a year.

I chose waiting. I am patient. Almost all my life I did what others expected me to do, I did not allow myself to be just me instead of the person they wanted me to be. But I am done with that. No more compromises regarding my life or my future. Instead I choose to make the best of the year I have, because these last three years I was so busy all the time. I decided that I will go to Lebanon for a month or so to visit my family. And I will go to Spain for a month to learn more Spanish so I will be perfectly prepared...

So this is it. Loulou 2.0 is ready for you! 😉

Enjoy your day and make the best of it!

With love

Loulou

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I already love your blog and I am already looking forward to more stories and experiences. You will make your way, dear ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that is so sweet of you to say! Thank you so much!

      Delete