Saturday, October 28, 2017

Let's talk about ..... LEROY SANCHEZ

Hello again!

Three days ago I went to Hamburg to finally see Leroy Sanchez live on stage. I have waited for this for a long time so you can imagine how excited I was. I told my colleagues about the concert so I would get the day off. They had no idea who I was talking about! Of course I immediately took out my phone and showed them some videos.
I will tell you about the concert but I will do so in my next post. Now I first want to introduce him to you, explain how I encountered his music and why I cannot resist it...





Leroy who?!

That was my exact thought four years ago. I was very active on Twitter. I met some people on a site called "Uneeqability.com" which sadly does not exist anymore. It was a platform for any kind of artist to present their talents to the world. I became friends with some of them and supported them, especially by spreading the word on Twitter.
One day I got the info that Leroy Sanchez followed me. I had never heard that name before so I checked out his profile. A musician... I am curious by nature and I love music, I had no choice but to check out his YouTube channel. And what can I say?! I have been a fan since then...








"Fell Off The Moon" was the first song of his that I listened to and that is how he got me. Seriously, how could you resist that voice? Just close your eyes and listen. His voice is like a blanket giving you warmth, making you feel comfortable and safe. This song, an original, is still my favorite but sadly it is not available anywhere...



Like I said I am curious. That is why I always do some research on artists I like and that is what I did with Leroy Sanchez. Do not worry, I do not mean the creepy stalker kind of research! 😉
I could write it all down now but I think it is best to let him speak for himself:




When I tell my friends about him I never call him a singer. Yes, he sings but he is so much more than just a singer. He writes, he composes, he creates. And still there is more. If you have your own song, your own creation, there is nothing to compare it to. But Leroy started his career by doing covers of great and famous songs and I bet it is not easy to compete with Ed Sheeran, Beyonce and more because covers always get compared to the originals.
Leroy turns their songs into his own which is why his covers (and in general I rarely say that) often are even better than the originals! I love Ed Sheeran, he is an outstanding artist but Leroy's version of "Perfect" just blew me away and melted my heart. Also Shawn Mendes, I love his music but whenever his song "Nothing Holding Me Back" is on the radio I have Leroy's voice and his version in my head...

Leroy Sanchez - remember that name! I have watched him evolve for four years now and I know he will make it to the top. He has the talent, the courage and the passion to do so. There truly is nothing holding him back!



And now go check out his pages!

YouTube:   Leroy Sanchez   AND   Leroy Sanchez SP (his Spanish channel)


Facebook:   Leroy Sanchez

Instagram:   iamleroysanchez

Twitter:   @IamLeroySanchez

Spotify:   Leroy Sanchez



With love

Loulou

No comments:

Post a Comment