Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Elevated Tour 2017

Hello again!

Finally I get to tell you about the concert! Wow, it's already been two weeks but it feels like it was yesterday. However... It was one of the best concerts I've visited so far. But let me start at the beginning:


From my town to Hamburg it's about 100km. I drove a little longer than an hour listening to his songs on Spotify, singing along. I'm always excited when I'm about to go to a concert, there is nothing better than a perfect night with good music and happy people, but this time I was even more excited...




I got the full experience, I didn't only have a ticket for the show but I also got a VIP package. That included the EP, a meet&greet, attending the soundcheck performance and more. We, me and five other girls who had that VIP package, were supposed to be there at 6pm but then we had to wait outside for almost half an hour. I didn't mind waiting, I liked the cold fresh air and I was about to have a great evening so everything was alright.
When we finally entered the room Leroy and his band were already busy doing the soundcheck. He welcomed us, asked how we were doing, he even took song requests. I asked for "Fell Off The Moon" which I love so much but sadly he didn't remember it...




Then it was time for a photo session. Before we took the photos he gave me a big hug, he was very warmhearted and kind. It wasn't like a man doing his job, it was like meeting friends. He's very down to earth and that really is an asset! He also seemed truly happy about the gifts he got. He was in no rush, took photos with everyone, made some small talk, gave lots of autographs. 
Either he is a great actor, too, or he simply is a grateful and humble man who knows that an artist can only survive this business with the support of his fans. I'm sure it's the latter! 😉


Afterwards we waited a little for the official concert to start. His support act was the German artist Eli and he is incredible! But I won't say too much now, he will get his own post later...




Leroy came on stage and he owned it! He created such a great atmosphere, it felt like a private party with friends. I've been to some concerts before and mostly people are pushing and you start to be annoyed and you can't really enjoy the show 100%. That problem didn't exist here. A girl behind me pushed me a few times by accident but she always apologized, I joked about karma getting back at her and we laughed. I've never met her before and I still don't know who she is but that evening we were all friends treating each other with respect. It was beautiful!

Being an artist is not only about talent, at least that's what I think. What I really love and admire is to see the passion, the love and dedication. And I saw all of that! Leroy has a great presence on stage, he's incredibly talented, very passionate, he's charming and funny - everybody enjoyed it.
The cover of "Despacito" he did with Madilyn Bailey is close to 3.5 Million hits, it's very popular and it just makes you feel good so he had to play it. He wanted the audience to sing along. We failed. Completely. There was one pretty loud "DES-PA-CITO" and then it was only the band playing their music. And Leroy laughing.
Note to self: Get your Spanish vocabulary down next time!
He played his own songs, some covers and he even played a brandnew original song called "Stay For A While" and I'm completely in love with that song, the sound is amazing and the lyrics are so beautiful! Can't wait for it to be available!





Leroy always took some time to talk to the audience. He asked questions, he told us about his EP, about his songs and the messages they're supposed to spread. He connected with the audience. I love that in an artist, too. It makes it more personal and even more memorable. And once again it showed how down to earth he still is. He becomes more famous by the day but it doesn't seem to affect him, he's still that guy from the Basque country of Spain whose heart beats for music.




But it wasn't only Leroy who rocked the stage. It's only his face and only his name on the posters but his band (Corey Rupp, Joel Manduke, Kazumi Shimokawa) did such a great job. There wasn't one but four stars on stage!







Music business is pretty tough, it's not all fame and money and glamour. It's a long way with obstacles and challenges. So if you really like an artist, please support him/her by buying his/her music. This is not only about Leroy but about artists in general. It's not that expensive but it's a great deal of support for the artist. And if you like the music then it's worth the investment, right?!

"ELEVATED" is Leroy Sanchez' very first EP and it's out now! It makes you dance and dream and reminisce, it lifts you up and it empowers and motivates you. It's great! Go and get it. You can go to leroysanchez.com now and get your own copy. Enjoy it and tell me what you think about it!


Lots of love

Loulou

No comments:

Post a Comment